• en
ON NOW
d

Peter Obi Calls For Decisive Action To Secure Schools, Society From Terrorists

Peter Obi urges decisive government action against insecurity while donating ₦10 million to rebuild fire-gutted school in Anambra.

Presidential aspirant of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Mr Peter Obi, has called for decisive government action to tackle terrorism and secure schools and society at large.

Obi made the call on Thursday during a visit to Practising Nursery and Primary School, Agulu, Anambra State, where he donated a cheque for the rebuilding of a section of the school gutted by a mysterious fire in December 2024.

He donated ₦10 million as initial support for the reconstruction of the school block, saying he remains committed to improving the quality of education in Nigeria, which he described as critical to national development.

Obi said: “I tell you, we do not only need to secure our schools from insecurity but also the society. And how we can do this is by being decisive.

“I have been in government before and we knew what we did to ensure safety in Anambra. It needs decisiveness and will power of the people in government for us to defeat them.”

Responding to questions on recent attacks on schools, including kidnappings of pupils and teachers and the killing of a teacher in Oyo State, Obi said the solution lies in strong political will and decisive leadership.

He reiterated that government must take firm and urgent steps to protect educational institutions and communities from terrorist threats.

While presenting the donation, Obi recalled that he had visited the school last year and promised to support its rebuilding.

He said his visit was to fulfil that promise and ensure a conducive learning environment for children.

David-Chyddy Eleke

Follow us on:

ON NOW