Earlier on the court said a presidential candidate can be elected without 25% of votes in FCT.
The court said the interpretation of the constitution by the Labour Party lawyers is completely “fallacious if not outrightly ludicrous.”
Meanwhile accepted the ruling by the Electoral Tribunal and has said that he is focused on building a unified and prosperous nation.
Following the judgement that was given by the tribunal, the Special Adviser to the president on Media and Publicity Chief Ajuri Ngelele released a statement on Wednesday, where Tinubu said that he recognizes the thoroughness and the professionalism displayed by the members of the tribunal, which was headed by Justice Haruna Tsammani.
Tinubu also said that the ongoing tribunal is a testament to the continuing growth of the legal system of Nigeria, as well as advancement of democracy in the country “at a time when our democratic system of government is under test in other parts of the continent.”
The statement went on to read, “The President believes the Presidential Candidates and Political Parties that have lawfully exercised their rights by participating in the 2023 general elections and the judicial process, which followed, have affirmed Nigeria’s democratic credentials.
“The President urges his valiant challengers to inspire their supporters in the trust that the spirit of patriotism will now and forever be elevated above partisan considerations, manifesting into support for our government to improve the livelihood of all Nigerians.”
At the end of the statement, Tinubu then appreciated Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to serve them through leadership, and promised to meet and surpass the expectations that Nigerians have of him.