• en
ON NOW POLITICS

Kagara Abduction: No New Information on Kidnapped Students, Niger Governor Bello Says

Niger State Governor Abubakar Sani Bello says his administration has no new information regarding the abducted schoolboys in the Kagara area of the state. At least 27 students were abducted

Niger State Governor Abubakar Sani Bello says his administration has no new information regarding the abducted schoolboys in the Kagara area of the state.

At least 27 students were abducted Wednesday when armed men raided the state-run school in north-west Nigeria.

[bc_video video_id=”6233673747001″ account_id=”6116119081001″ player_id=”CJdhmO46zo” embed=”in-page” padding_top=”56%” autoplay=”” min_width=”0px” playsinline=”” picture_in_picture=”” max_width=”640px” mute=”” width=”100%” height=”100%” ]

The gunmen, wearing military fatigues according to witnesses, stormed the Government Science Secondary School Kagara at around 2am on Wednesday morning. One student was killed during the abduction.

At a press briefing on Friday, Mr Bello said his administration has no new information concerning the abducted boys but assured that the government will ensure the release of the students.

“As at this moment, we do not have any additional information to give apart from the one that was given earlier on yesterday (Thursday) but I want to assure you that we are doing everything we can, we are interfacing with local communities, the federal authorities and our own state authorities to ensure that we recover the victims safely,” the governor said that the press briefing.

According to the governor “our utmost priority right now is to make sure bring them back home safe and that’s exactly what we are going to do.

“There hasn’t been any new information I cam give you as at this moment but once we have something for you, we will let you know.”

By Abel Ejikeme

ON NOW