Megan Thee Stallion has shared new details about the July incident in which rapper Tory Lanez allegedly shot her in the foot after an argument.
In her “Rapper of the Year” profile with GQ Magazine, Megan claims that Lanez begged her not to say anything about the incident and offered Megan and an unidentified friend, who was also present at the time, money to stay quiet.
“At this point I’m really scared,” Megan says, “because this is like right in the middle of all the protesting. Police are just killing everybody for no reason, and I’m thinking, ‘I can’t believe you even think I want to take some money. Like, you just shot me.’”
A lawyer for Lanez denied that he offered Megan and her friend money to GQ.
The incident occurred in early morning hours of July 12 when Megan, Lanez, his bodyguard, and her friend were driving home from Kylie Jenner’s pool party when an argument broke out. She recalled trying to leave the car, but her phone was dead and she was in a bikini, so she got back in. When she tried to walk away a second time, she said Lanez began shooting at her feet, hitting both of her heels.
“Like, I never put my hands on nobody,” she told GQ, still in disbelief. “I barely even said anything to the man who shot me when I was walking away. We were literally like five minutes away from the house.”
While Initial reports indicated that Megan had been injured by broken glass following an argument, over the following days and weeks, Megan accused Lanez of shooting her in the feet. She also posted photos of her injured feet on Instagram. “You shot me, and you got your publicist and your people to [talk to] these blogs, lying,” she said in a video. “Stop lying!”
Lanez has disputed her accounts in social media posts and an hour-long album issued in September.
He was charged last month with assaulting a woman, presumably Megan, according to information provided by the Los Angeles district attorney’s office. He faces a possible maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in prison.