A former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, has described the approval of $1.5 billion by the Federal Government for the renovation of the Port Harcourt refinery as a huge waste.
Obi, who was the former vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said the approval of such an amount for refinery repairs in light of Nigeria’s economic situation is a huge waste, accusing the leaders of worsening the country’s situation by their financial rascality.
He said: “The news of the planned expenditure of a whopping $1.5 billion for Port Harcourt refinery repairs is worrisome to well-meaning Nigerians. In light of our precarious economic situation, it is a huge waste.
“Our country on life support, but sadly the managers of our affairs are worsening the situation by their financial rascality,” he said on Twitter.
ARISE News had earlier reported the Federal Executive Council’s approval on Wednesday approved the plan by the Ministry of Petroleum Resources to rehabilitate the Port Harcourt Refinery with $1.5bn.
By Abel Ejikeme