US TV host Ellen DeGeneres says she has tested positive for COVID-19 but is “feeling fine right now.”
Production on her daytime talk show has been paused until January, producer Telepictures said in a statement that followed DeGeneres’ announcement.
In an Instagram post, DeGeneres said anyone who was in close contact with her has been notified, adding that she’s following “all proper CDC guidelines,” a reference to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
“I’ll see you all again after the holidays. Please stay healthy and safe,” DeGeneres said in her post.
Reruns of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” were to air starting Thursday.
When the coronavirus outbreak hit in March, DeGeneres shifted to taping without a studio audience, as did other talk shows.
When the series began its 18th season in September, her show added fans virtually into the seats, then said it would allow a few dozen people into the studio.
Earlier this year, DeGeneres faced criticism on social media amid reports that she had created a toxic work environment for her staff.
Appearing for her 18th season premiere, she addressed the allegations of racism, sexism and bullying made by her employees.
“I am so sorry to the people who were affected,” she said into the camera. “I know that I’m in a position of privilege and power. I realised that with that comes responsibility and I take responsibility for what happens at my show.”
In the aftermath, she has continued to apologise to her staff and has increased leave time and health insurance packages for her employees, according to Entertainment Weekly.