The Sierra Leone Government has lifted the night-time curfew imposed after armed men freed prison inmates.
The West African nation’s information minister announced that detainees from a number of “major” facilities were released on Sunday morning.
The President of the country, Julius Maada Bio also stated most of the leaders behind the attack had been arrested.
In a televised address, he described the events as a “breach of security” and an attack on democracy.
He said calm had been restored but gave no details about who the perpetrators were or what they wanted.
There will be a new nine-hour night-time curfew beginning at 21:00 local time (21:00 GMT) on Monday, the information ministry says.
The political situation in Sierra Leone has remained tense since June, when President Bio was re-elected – narrowly missing out on the need to have a run-off.
International observers have condemned inconsistencies and a lack of transparency in the count, as well as acts of violence and intimidation.
After the attack, the Ministry of Information declared an immediate curfew, which was due to be lifted at 06:00 (GMT) on Monday.
Residents across the country were “strongly” recommended to stay indoors and flights to and from the nation’s only international airport have been cancelled.