The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad on Monday swore in 18 new judges that were recently elevated to the Court of Appeal.
The new justices of the Court of Appeal are:
1. Mohammed Danjuma (Niger State),
2. Muhammad Sirajo (Plateau),
3. Abdul-Azeez Waziri (Adamawa),
4. Yusuf Bashir (Taraba),
5. Usman Musale (Yobe),
6. Ibrahim Jauro (Yobe),
7. Abba Mohammed (Kano State),
8. Bature Gafai (Katsina),
9. Danlami Senchi (Kebbi),
10. Mohammed Abubakar (Sokoto),
11. Hassan Sule (Zamfara),
12. Kenneth Amadi (Imo),
13. Peter Affen (Bayelsa),
14. Sybil Gbagi (Delta),
15. Olasunbo Goodluck (Lagos),
16. Adebukola Banjoko (Ogun),
17. Olabode Adegbehingbe (Ondo), and
18. Bola Ademola (Ondo).
Meanwhile, Justice Goodluck a Christian while taking her oath of office, said “so help me Allah” instead of the official “so help me God”.
She was however asked by the CJN to return to the microphone and take the oath in the name of God, which she did.
By Abel Ejikeme